Sunday, October 23, 2011

Portfolio Cover letter


Shaunyell Bobbitt
Cline
English 102
23 October 2011

To whom it may concern,
            This semester I have faced many challenges, from time issues, to transportation and even family emergencies. By far my biggest challenge that I have had to face so far has been my health. I have been living with Lupus for almost 10 years, and it causes many problems with my health. This semester, I have had my lupus flare up, which caused me to have issues with walking, and daily function. I also had a bad case of pneumonia that landed me in and out of the hospital emergency room several times. Luckily after several weeks, and two rounds of antibiotics, it cleared up. This was all a hassle, but I pulled through well, and did not fall far behind in my classes. As far as my successes go, I would have to say that trudging through my illnesses, and not having to quit this semester (which was a fear I had to face) and maintaining A’s and B’s in all my classes would be on the top of the list. 
            Another challenge I have had was the readings. Besides this class, I have three other classes that I have do extensive weekly reading in, and it has been tough to find time to read everything I have to. I had one advantage in the Frankenstein reading though, I had read Shelley’s Frankenstein before so it was a bit of a review for me.
            The literary analysis that we have done has been a fun and new experience for me. I have done a lot of research writing as well as narrative and creative writing, but this was the first time that I did any literary analysis. I have enjoyed it a lot; it seems to be a very natural thing to do. I love to read, and it is just natural for me to analyze what I am reading. The main reason I have enjoyed the analysis writing, is because that is a new experience for me, and I like to think that I thrive on new experiences.
            Finally, I come to my goals for myself in this class. I have to say that my highest goal for myself is simply to become a better writer. This is a goal that I have had since English 100. I feel that at this point I am a good writer, but I know that as humans, we all have room for improvement. As a secondary goal, I would like to eventually start to write a novel, and hopefully have it published. This I am afraid, is more of a long term goal, and not simply a goal limited to this semester. In time, I will stick to writing poetry and the occasional short story for fun.

1 comment: