Sunday, October 2, 2011

Revising an Essay

     In the essays that I write, I tend to revise them most of the time. The times that I choose not to do any revision are usually a direct result of how much time I have before my deadline is up. I also have to admit that I do not revise as much as I should when a particular project is not very exciting or fun to do. That said, I do like to write, so therefore I do tend to take revision seriously (usually). The main reasons I do revision is so that I can achieve the highest grade possible, and I know that I am capable of good solid work, and want to feel accomplished in the papers I do write. I have a tendency to write things very fast. This tends to result in minor grammatical and spelling errors which frustrates the heck out of me of I leave them knowing full well that they are there. This said, I don't really ever do any revision in my first drafts. I tend to be a perfectionist, but not obsessive. The benefits of revision are simply a well written paper. As far as the changes I plan on making in my final essay, I plan to use our instructors comments as a key. This helps me to see the little mistakes that I am prone to, but always seem to never see when I am writing. This will also give me a lot of insight. Laura may happen to see a flaw, or have input in an area of my paper that i was not privy to. Finally, I find it interesting to go back and reread my essays in the rough draft stage to see exactly what I was trying to convey in my paper. Sometimes it's like everything I wrote makes complete sense. Other times, I can not make head or tails of what i wrote. In these latter times I simply start over, and try again.


image source:https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEi4TYSnmUGLDppVb9Q6_xeVBsmWdLUTbuUxt6O8BAAKU0VC5egDyYz7V_ypjy4uBaZvojaehYBLz8q47KmPJY_mGRF_03CNPtfjK_zQ_Xk7yKH1vWDxY5NQjiUmiT_qfF2TX_f7Ylr41v0/s400/csg_writing-the-revision-process-tone.jpg



Here is a link for more help on essay revisions.

No comments:

Post a Comment